Shandong University is one of the pioneers of modern higher education in China. Its medical school was established in 1864, marking the beginning of modern Chinese higher education. Its main body is Shandong Imperial University (Shandong Da Xue Tan), which was founded in 1901 and is the second national university in China after Beijing Imperial University. Also, it is the first university established and operated under the chartered constitution. Shandong University is a key comprehensive university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education. It has a long history, a wide range of disciplines, strong academic strength and distinctive features, and has significant influence within china and abroad. Shandong University is a member university of Project 211 and Project 985, which are two key national projects supporting the development of top-class universities.
Shandong University Facts & Figures
- Currently, more than 16,607 graduates, 41103 undergraduate students, 60,000 full-time students, and 907 Ph.D. students enrolled in the University.
- University Campus covers a land area of over 533 hectares including 200 hectares of the Qingdao campus which is under construction.
- 10,200 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospitals. In which there are almost
- 1,107, professors, associate professors, and full-time including those at the Weihai Campus and the 3 affiliated hospitals included.
- The university has 42 clinical hospitals, 37 teaching hospitals, and almost 10 affiliated hospitals.
Shandong University Location
Shandong University is situated in the city of Jinan, Shandong, China. The city is the capital of Shandong province which comes in the humid subtropical region. The average temperature of the city is 14 degrees Celsius annually having dry spring, almost no rain, hot and rainy summer, crisp autumn, dry and cold winter.
Shandong University Faculty
Shandong University provides a school of medicine that is the skilled department for medicine. It has different disciplines which are given below:-
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Public Health
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Health Care Management
Benefits of doing MBBS from Shandong University
- The university has experienced and qualified teaching staff that provides quality education.
- The tuition fee of Shandong University is very affordable in comparison to other universities.
- World-class laboratory with technical advancement.
- University provides various scholarships for students such as CSC scholarship, CI scholarships, Jinan sister city scholarships, SDU Freshman Scholarships, etc.
- The medium of course is in English.
- University organized many extracurricular activities for students.
- Accommodation for international students is at affordable charges with having hostel and dormitories.