CAUCASUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
A sovereign state of Eurasia, Georgia is surrounded by Russia, Turkey, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. Studying MBBS in Georgia is an option worth considering for students who wish to pursue MBBS in Europe. The reasons that make Georgia a better study destination are many including the budget, quality of education, etc. The fee is pretty affordable, and the medical universities in Georgia are well renowned.
In the upcoming section, we will discuss about Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia and the primary benefits that the university offers.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 9749
- Country Ranking – 12
Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia is a for-profit university located in Tbilisi. The university was found in the year 1995 with the aim to impart the best knowledge to their students and transform them into true professionals. The Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia focuses on intertwining the ancient educational traditions with European higher education methods to create a perfect educational environment to support student-oriented learning, and research environment.
Accreditation and Recognition of Caucasus International University
The Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia has several authorizations and accreditations under their name including recognitions by:
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME);
- And, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
The Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia aims to provide the best educational facilities leveraging their well-experienced and highly-qualified academic staffs. Their well- researched training programs require students to spend around 105 weeks in clinical training during the course. This accounts for nearly 50% – 75% of the total training period as students of medicine.
Faculties / Departments at Caucasus International University
Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia offers various programs such as Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral Programs. The courses offered in the field of medicine are as listed below:
- Bachelor Degree Program in Pharmacy.
- Bachelor Degree Program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- One-Step Educational Program in Medicine.
- One-Step Educational Program in Dentistry.
- Educational Program in Medicine (English).
- Educational Program in Dentistry (Russian).
- Educational Program in Pharmacy (English).
- Educational Program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (the language of instruction – English).
Why Study MBBS in Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia
It has been 24 years since the university was established, and presently it offers 5 faculties – Business, Social Sciences, Law, Medicine, and Viticulture-Winemaking. Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia supports socio-economic progress and thus develops values based on both the Georgian as well as world culture. The university implements innovative methods and intercultural education to build a modern learning and scientific environment for students. This helps nurture democratic values in the students that will help them be competitive in both the international as well as local markets.
Below listed are the primary advantages of studying MBBS in Yerevan Haybusak Medical University, Armenia.
- Georgia boasts a low crime index and high safety rate.
- As the course is taught in English, an ever increasing number of international students including Indian students currently pursue MBBS in Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Studying MBBS in Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia doesn’t require students to qualify IELTS/TOEFL screening tests.
- Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia offers on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and the admission procedure are devoid of entrance examinations.
- Students don’t have to qualify IELTS in order to secure an admission.
- The education system is advanced and modern laboratories for students to experiment and learn.
- The university has partnered with highly regarded universities like Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France for student exchange programs.
Duration of MBBS in Caucasus International University
MBBS course at Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia runs for a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Caucasus International University
The classes for MBBS in Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia commence in September. The admission process usually begins in September, but as there are thousands of students who apply for MBBS in Georgia from around the world, it is important that you place your application at the earliest. The seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.